What do you offer?
As a leading PR and communications business, our aim is to grow and promote talent from within. Our 12 month PR graduate trainee scheme gives three bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial graduates the opportunity to work with some of the best PR professionals in the business and rapidly progress up the PR career ladder.
During the 12 month training scheme, you will experience three four month rotations through different parts of our business, enabling you to understand different aspects of our work. We hope to be able to offer permanent jobs to all of our graduate trainees at the end of the training scheme.
What are you looking for?
There’s a lot of truth in the cliché that people buy people and this is particularly true in the PR industry. For this reason, we are looking for confident, likeable and outgoing individuals who can get on with a wide variety of people and understand the importance of working well as part of a team.
You will need to have a passion for communication (after all, that’s what we are all about) and demonstrate a real flair for writing for different audiences.
PR can be a frustrating business, so we expect tenacity and resilience from our graduate trainees and the creativity to come at a problem from a different angle when the first approach doesn’t work.
Last but by no means least, you must demonstrate intellectual rigour. Our graduate trainees will have (or will be predicted) a 2:1 or better in their degree, along with strong ‘A’ levels and an A grade or better in GCSE English.
What will I do on the graduate scheme?
It is difficult to be precise but, to give you an idea, you can expect to:
- gain an in-depth understanding of the wider PR industry and the specific sectors within which we work;
- undertake research projects and help to develop new business;
- produce high quality written work, including press releases and reports;
- develop a network of contacts, internally and externally;
- engage in media monitoring and preparing coverage reports;
- build your digital PR skills;
- assist with event management, including the efficient planning and organisation of events, both internally and for our clients;
- learn how to brainstorm and develop creative ideas; and
- understand how to work as a valued member of a team.
Sounds good. How do I apply?
Application is by CV and covering letter, which should be emailed to email@example.com
In your covering letter, you should explain why you are a suitable candidate and how you could add value to our business. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a half day assessment.
Closing date is Friday 4 August. Please clearly indicate any dates on which you are not available for interview.
- Job code:
- Location: London
- Start date: Sep 2017
- Expires: 04 Aug 2017